Well here we are Springtime and time for gardening, it is a great way to hang outside and enjoy your dogs company.
There are some plants (many actually) that can be toxic if your dog ingests them.
We should try to choose beautiful non-toxic flowers and shrubs if possible. If you already have plants in your yard that are toxic (who doesn’t have daffodils) keep an eye on your dog when you are gardening, place gates around that section of the garden if your dog like to eat plants or spray the plants with some of the non-toxic natural sprays/granulars that will keep your dog out of the area. Below is a list of very common yard and house plants that can be very toxic if ingested by your dog.
For more information, Click the link below the ASPCA has a very comprehensive list of both TOXIC and NON-TOXIC plants for your yard, in alphabetical order so you can look up the plants you are considering while you are shopping.
🐾🐾 A Note About Mulch – Make sure that choose one that does not contain cocoa bark. Very high in theobromine which is toxic to dogs.🐾🐾
Please click here for my other post to help those of you that have mulch eating pups.
SAFE PLANT OPTIONS
IF YOU THINK YOUR PET HAS EATEN SOMETHING TOXIC
Call your Veterinarian Immediately and Call Poison Control for Animals
ASPCA Nat’l Animal Control Center – 800-549-2423
Pet Poison Hotline – 800-213-6680
Animal Poison Control – 888-426-4435