Transformation, one behavior at a time.
Why Choose Compassionate Canine?
Compassionate Canine Training is one of the only full service positive reinforcement trainers in our area. We are dedicated to staying at the forefront of dog training through certification and continuing education.
Whether you’re looking to teach your dog the right behaviors from the beginning or have a dog that has already developed frustrating bad habits, we can help!
Focused on your frustrations, not my expectations.
Keep your dogs personality but lose the misbehavior.
Certified Trainer with 13+ years of experience.
Utilizing only science-based positive reinforcement training.
Photo Credit: Michael Bagley Photography
How I Will Help You
Feeling frustrated with your dog’s behavior? I understand. Let me show you how we can transform those behaviors into better choices that you’ll love using behavior science and positive training.
Education is NOT required for dog trainers… But I believe it should be.
Trainer Transparency / Certifications
Whether you choose Compassionate Canine Training or not, be sure to interview your trainer and ask about of the following categories.
- “Yes” based training that focus on what you WANT, instead of what you don’t want, using Positive Reinforcement (R+) methods.
- No choke, prong or shock collars used and no dominance-based techniques.
- Harnesses or flat collars, leashes, treats/toys.
- Science of behavior and learning theory in animals.
- Clear communication between owner and dog.
- Mentor Trainer Victoria Stilwell Academy since 2017
- Evaluator with Bright & Beautiful Therapy Dogs Inc. since 2016
- Certified Training Instructor – CBATI since 2015
- CPDT-KA trainer since 2014
- Registered AKC Evaluator since 2010
- Red Cross Pet CPR and First Aid – Certified since 2007
- Mentorship with local trainer from 2006-2009
- 4-Day Trainers Workshop, Suzanne Clother 2018
- Clicker Expo 2017, 2015
- Building Resilience in Dogs, Dr. Patricia McConnell
- Beyond Food – Premack’s Principle, Kathy Sdao
- Teamwork, Building Cooperation with your Dog, Grisha Stewart
CBATI, CPDT-KA, Owner
When Kelly started Compassionate Canine her focus was on using positive (R+) training to solve the real frustrations of families who live with the training challenges of daily life distractions.
Working with you in her training center or in your home, we are able to train your dog to do the things most important for YOU. We will cover all the basics of obedience training, focusing on your specific behavioral concerns. In this way Kelly creates a plan for you to find a reliable path to better enjoyment of your dog’s company.
By engaging the family in the training process, Kelly has found that owners end up learning as much, if not more than their pets.
Photo Credit: Joseph Heisler
What My Clients Have to Say
Kelly is fantastic!! Her innate understanding of these incredible animals is so helpful in training us to train them. What a great experience we have had, it has really made us enjoy our 6 month old pup so much more!!
Kelly is the absolute best! I own a rescue in South Carolina, most of my puppies go up to the jersey shore area and I always recommend Kelly!
I have worked with Kelly for all three of my dogs training. Our dogs have excelled at hunting in the field and being calm family dogs too. Kelly stays at the forefront of her industry through education and so we have been able to witness the evolution in Kelly as a teacher. With each dog we train, we learn more and the dogs learn even faster how to work / play with a passion and relax with us as family dogs as well.