Why choose Compassionate Canine Training for your dog training needs?
All dog owners have struggled with jumping, nipping or out of control dog at some point. At Compassionate Canine, we transform your dog’s behavior and lower your frustrations. Together, we create a happy, responsive dog that you will be proud to show off everywhere.
Keep your dogs personality but lose the misbehavior.
Have the family dog you have always dreamed of.
Focused on your frustrations, not my expectations.
How I Will Help You
Whether you’re looking to train your new puppy the correct behaviors from the beginning, or have a dog an older dog that has developed frustrating bad habits, we can help!
My Training Certifications
Education is NOT required for dog trainers… But I believe it should be.
Whether you choose Compassionate Canine Training or not, be sure to interview your trainer and ask about of the following categories.
- “Yes” based training that focus on what you WANT, instead of what you don’t want, using Positive Reinforcement (R+) methods.
- No choke, prong or shock collars used and no dominance-based techniques.
- Harnesses or flat collars, leashes, treats/toys.
- Clear communication between owner and dog.
- Mentor Trainer Victoria Stilwell Academy since 2017
- Evaluator with Bright & Beautiful Therapy Dogs Inc. since 2016
- Certified B.A.T. Instructor – CBATI since 2015
- CPDT-KA trainer since 2014
- Registered AKC Evaluator since 2010
- Red Cross Pet CPR and First Aid – Certified since 2007
- Mentorship with local trainer from 2006-2009
- Trainers Growth Group Weekend, 2020
- Suzanne Clothiers Trainers Workshop 2018
- Clicker Expo 2017, 2015
- Building Resilience in Dogs, Dr. Patricia McConnell
- Beyond Food – Premack’s Principle, Kathy Sdao
- Teamwork, Building Cooperation with your Dog, Grisha Stewart
Working with you in her training center or in your home, we are able to train your dog to do the things most important for YOU. We will cover all the basics of obedience training, focusing on your specific behavioral concerns. In this way Kelly creates a plan for you to find a reliable path to better enjoyment of your dog’s company.
By engaging the family in the training process, Kelly has found that owners end up learning as much, if not more than their pets.
What My Clients Have to Say